Certificates of deposit explained.
A certificate of deposit, a CD, is an investment in which you keep your cash in the bank for an agreed-upon amount of time called the “term.” CDs are an extremely safe investment, and pay more interest than savings accounts and money market accounts.
However, if you withdraw your funds before it “matures,” or reaches the end of the term, you’ll have to pay an early withdrawal penalty.
Here are a few more benefits.
- No monthly service charges
- Higher interest rates than savings accounts
- Wide range of investment terms, three months through five years
- Competitive interest rates
- Certainty of return on your investment
We’re here for you.
With more than 100 years of banking experience under our belts, we’ve learned a few things about banking the right way. And we’ll still be here when you need us most.
If you’d like to find out more about CDs from Texana Bank, call us at (903) 334-0900, or stop by a branch today.